On 7/4/2020 7:22 AM, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:

Anyway, tehre is another thing I am wondering about: In the latest
luametatex versions, error help strings do not seem to work like they used to.
Especially after \errhelp{some help}\errmessage{error} or
tex.error('fdfd', {'some help'}) in the 'handle_error_hook'
callback, tex.gethelptext returns nil. gethelptext still works for
errors triggered by TeX itself.

The error code has been rewritten but that already happened long ago, and i never came to hooking the errhelp into that (rather trivial but we never use that in context anyway), I'll look at it.

One completely different question:
When running luametatex (of course with appropriate format/lua init
script options) but without a TeX file or command, luametatex does not
expect interactive input but instead tries to read the input file
'luametatex.tex'. (Where luametatex does not seem to be hardcoded but
derived from argv[0]) Is there a way to overwrite this default input
file name?
No, as that is a side effect of the 'rest of the command line being read after an injected \input' and that is not the case in luametatex. There are a few command line arguments and --jobname is one of then. That bit won't change but one can deal with that in Lua (there is an input line callback so i might even drop the left over bits of those terminal related features).