Nicola schrieb am 11.08.2020 um 22:21:
On 2020-08-11, Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:
On 8/11/20 9:24 PM, Nicola wrote:
Thank Pablo, Wolfgang,
I have learned more by reading your replies than by myself in the rest
of the afternoon.

Hi Nicola,

if you found replies useful, please update the wiki (this may help others).

Just one more thing:
[...]
I'd prefer all the titles to be aligned:

          Preface
    I     XYZ
VIII     XYZ

I have tried to do my homework by playing with \setuphead, but I am
afraid I need your help on this.

Sorry, but too tired to type a sample.

How about setting distance for \setuplist[chapter] in the sectionblock
frontpart with the desired width?

That does not seem to change the layout, unfortunately. I have tried
with `margin` and `aligntitle` as well:

\setuplist[chapter][distance=1cm,aligntitle=yes]
\startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
\setuplist[chapter][aligntitle=yes,margin=2cm,distance=2cm]
\stopsectionblockenvironment

I'll take a fresh look tomorrow.

When you a unnumbered section with the list alternatives a-c your're out of luck with the regular \setuplist options because it always use a width of 0pt for regular section number. The aligntitle works only for numbered entries to align them when you disable the number entry in the TOC.

To show the section entry and align all entries on the same line you can use the following method:

  1. Set the width and distance for the section number to 0pt.

  2. Set the margin key to a value large enough to fit all numbers

3. Apply a command to the numbercommand key where you shift the number to the left in the margin area you set in the previous step

%%%% begin example
\define[1]\ChapterListNumbercommand
  {\offset[x=-1cm,width=0pt]{\simplealignedbox{1cm}{flushleft}{#1}}}

\setuplist
  [chapter]
  [distance=0cm,
   width=0cm,
   margin=1cm,
   numbercommand=\ChapterListNumbercommand]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
  \completecontent
  \chapter{Preface}