On 8/25/2020 3:59 PM, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that recent LuaMetaTeX versions treats control sequences
defined using token.set_lua with `value` or `condition` as frozen and
does not allow redefining them. Given that these are not macros, we also
can't "unfreeze" them using \unletfrozen.

   1. Would it be possible to add a variant of Lua value and condition
   control sequences that are not frozen?

   2. Also is there some way to disable the \frozen restrictions
   altogether? Maybe \suppressfrozenerror?

   3. I also noticed that `token.set_lua` is not affected by control
   sequences being frozen. Therefore it allows redefining frozen
   control sequences which seems inconsistent.
It's all on purpose. Btw, these mechanisms are very experimental (and undocumented and might to evolve).