On 18 Sep 2020, at 11:20, Otared Kavian wrote:

Hi Felix,

Some time ago I encountered the same problem and we had a thread on this list about this:

        https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg95355.html

The problem on my Mac came from the fact that a directory
        /opt/local/etc/texmf/
existed (installed by MacPorts, without me knowing it…) where ConTeXt tries to find a format, while there is none. I removed that directory and then I could use ConTeXt from MacTex 2020.

Hm. I don't have this directory (not using MacPorts) and my error seems to be quite different (the scripts to be executed seem to be found). I dug through the thread but for all I can see, nothing there describes my problem or a solution for solving it.

Regards,
Felix