On 10/12/2020 11:09 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
Am 12.10.2020 um 22:35 schrieb Hans Hagen:
On 10/12/2020 4:55 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
Hi,

with LuaLaTeX I used to use the selnolig package to disable inappropriate ligatures. With ConTeXt I have just inputted the list prepared by Hraban (based on a wordlist originating from selnolig), but then ran into a curious bug (?) with disappearing characters (see my posts from a couple of days ago). I'm now converting this list to the \blockligatures mechanism (instead of using \replaceword), which also has better kerning support due to Hans. When done, I'll of course share this on the Wiki if there's any need for this.

Now I'm wondering how others deal with inappropriate ligatures. Do you just ignore them? Do there just so many.

What do you think?
I played a bit with what we have and in a next upload you can do this:

\startexceptions[de]
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)asseyou block them on an ad-hoc basis, like

whenever they occur? Do you use scripts to pre-process your files

before typesetting? Do you just disable ligatures globally?

I tend to think there must be an automatic way to deal with the most

awkward cases. The problem is that
\stopexceptions

\showglyphs

\starttext

auffasse

then is like:

au\discretionary{f-}{-f}{f\zwnj f}asse

\stoptext
Oh, that looks interesting. So that would essentially be implemented like hyphenation exceptions? Any drawbacks? Performance hit with large exception lists? Kerning?
in a next release a

\zwj   block ligature, permit kern
\zwnj  block ligature, also inhibit kern

for now, lmtx only