Oleg schrieb am 26.10.2020 um 21:03:
On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 09:26:06PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Oleg schrieb am 25.10.2020 um 14:51:
Hi, all.

I try to place a row number into the first column of my table.
I tried:

\definecounter[rownum][way=bytext,prefix=no]
\setcounter[rownum][0]

\starttext
\startxtable
      \startxrow
          \startxcell
              \incrementcounter[rownum]
              \rawcounter[rownum]
          \stopxcell
      \stopxrow
      \startxrow
          \startxcell
              \incrementcounter[rownum]
              \rawcounter[rownum]
          \stopxcell
      \stopxrow
      \startxrow
          \startxcell
              \incrementcounter[rownum]
              \rawcounter[rownum]
          \stopxcell
      \stopxrow
\stopxtable

And got:

7
8
9

If i place \setcounter[rownum][0] right after \startxtable, then i got:

1
2
3

Is this normal?
Yes, to fix it use

\startxcell
    \doifelsemode{*trialtypesetting}
      {0}
      {\incrementcounter[rownum]%
       \convertedcounter[rownum]}
\stopxcell
It seems that reseting once at table start is simpler, isn't it :-)?

Try your method with natural table or tabulate and it won't work anymore.

What is the difference between \rawcounter and \convertedcounter?
\rawcounter give me the plain number as i want.

In this case there is no difference but I suggest to use \rawcounter only when you need
the value of the counter, e.g. counter>... or counter=...

With \convertedcounter you have always the option to change the style of the value,
e.g. number conversion, prefixes etc.

What's about \newcount&\advance variant? Why it not work?

Short answer: expansion

You're using advance in a place where it is just ignored, there are ways to get rid of these limitations with Luametatex but it's better to use \incrementcounter.

Wolfgang