On 11/7/20 11:40 AM, Floris van Manen wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Would it be possible to have a simple text file with the latest release
> version (or date) tag in it? Next to the folder containing the actual
> install script files? In that case it is easy to check that version tag
> by comparing with the local copy and decide if a further download and
> install is needed.

Dear Floris,

I have a simpler approach that might help you:

 curl -I http://pragma-ade.com/context/latest/cont-tmf.zip

I added a file with that to $HOME/bin/ and it works fine when invoking it.

To check which version you have installed on your computer:

export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/ && context
--version && luametatex --version

Of course, you might need no export or adapt $PATH accordingly to your
ConTeXt directory.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--