On Thu, 17 Dec 2020, Neven Sajko wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am completely new to TeX, ConTeXt, MetaPost, etc. (Except for some
> MathJax snippets and the like.)
>
> I am using Aditya's LMTX package from AUR on Archlinux.
>
> I have some SVGs (generated by the Julia Gadfly package) that
> represent 2D plots of some functions, and I would like to include the
> SVGs in a ConTeXt document so it ends up as PDF.

OT but can Gadfly directly produce PDFs? Depending on how complicated plots you
want to generate, you can also use metapost graph module or pdfplots package
for drawing 2D plots.

> I started creating
> the document by including the SVGs using the new LMTX MetaPost SVG
> feature, however at this point I don't know how to proceed...
>
> This is the situation: the source SVGs look fine, but after including
> them in the document with the new ConTeXt feature mentioned above, the
> bottom-most part of the image is "cut off" (not visible). In the
> attached ZIP I included all relevant files (.tex, .svg, .pdf, ...), as
> well as PNG screenshots of the PDFs (in case the issue is
> PDF-viewer-specific, I'm using Chromium as the PDF viewer).

Can you check with a desktop pdf viewer as well.

> I tried doing this in two different ways: using includesvgfile with
> the offset option, and using startMPcode with setbounds in the MetaFun
> code. In both cases I just get blank space instead of the cut-off
> content
>
> How can I fix this?

The mailing list has a size limit for attachments, so I think that your zip
file did not get included in your message. Could you just include the tex file
and maybe upload the svg somewhere and include a link.

Aditya