Am currently dealing with a book that has twenty-one chapters, and the author (who is visually impaired) follows a range of visually impaired principles when writing and wanting things published. That's the background to my question!

MWE

\setuphead[chapter][
    header=empty,
    alternative=middle,
    style={\ssd},
    number=yes,
    conversion=Word,
    command=\MyChapterCommand,
    after={\blank[1cm]},
    ]

Problem is, when we get to chapter Twenty-one (which is the correct way to write it in English) it gives me 'Twenty One'. Is there a way, in my setup, that I can force it to give me 'Twenty-one'? (note the hyphen and the lower case for 'one').

I don't think MyChapterCommand is relevant here, but just in case, this is it:

\define[2]\MyChapterCommand%
{\framed[frame=on,bottomframe=on,leftframe=off,rightframe=off,topframe=off,align=middle]
     {\vbox{\headtext{chapter} #1\blank#2}}}

Julian