On 2/17/2021 12:18 AM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
I've copied the following example from the ConTeXt archive:

\defineoverlay[frames][\positionoverlay{frames}]

\setupbackgrounds[text][background=frames]

\startMPpositiongraphic{frame}

if unknown context_apos : input mp-apos.mpiv ; fi ;

\MPgetposboxes{\MPvar{self}}{\MPanchorid}

if nofposboxes = 1 :

draw posboxes[1] ;

fi ;

\stopMPpositiongraphic

\startpositionoverlay{frames}

\setMPpositiongraphic{one}{frame}

\setMPpositiongraphic{two}{frame}

\stoppositionoverlay

\starttext

This \hpos{one}{word} should be \hpos{two}{framed}.

\stoptext

Frames are misplaced, so I don't know if that's a bug or something else has been updated/changed/deprecated. Thank you in advance.
As a step-up to further integrated (more lmtx-ish) support for this the next upload will have this:

\defineoverlay[frames][\positionoverlay{frames}]

\setupbackgrounds[text][background=frames]

\startMPpositiongraphic{frame}
    getposboxes("self","anchor") ;
    if nofposboxes = 1 :
        draw posboxes[1] ;
    fi ;
\stopMPpositiongraphic

\startpositionoverlay{frames}
    \setMPpositiongraphic{one}{frame}
    \setMPpositiongraphic{two}{frame}
\stoppositionoverlay

\starttext
    This \hpos{one}{\strut word} should \hpos{two}{\strut also be framed}.