On 3/2/2021 11:15 AM, mf wrote:
Il 01/03/21 15:44, Hans Hagen ha scritto:

\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{circle}
     lmt_parshape [
         path       = fullcircle scaled 136mm,
         offset     = 2mm,
         bottomskip = - 1.5LineHeight,
     ] ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\start
\startshapedparagraph[list=circle,mp=circle,repeat=yes,method=cycle]%

list=... refers to a previous \startparagraphshape definition, so mp=... tells ConTeXt that the definition is derived from MetaPost code instead.

you're right, the list= can be removed (you can do that and see that it still works)

Just mp=... could be enough, but maybe "list=xyz,mp=xyz" makes it clear that mp is used to get a parshape from MetaPost instead of a \startparagraphshape definition.

     \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch,last]\dontcomplain

What's the meaning of \dontcomplain? Why is it needed there?

I don't want to see messages about underful boxes cluttering my log (and such shapes tend to produce them).

BTW, \startparagraphshape, \stopparagraphshape, \startshapedparagraph, \stopshapedparagraph should be added to the .xml documentation files.

WOlfgang normally picks up these new thinsg and adds them but we update the xml files only periodically.

The "right", "left", "both", "copy", "repeat" syntax in \startparagraphshape is really handy.
I might actually add "metapost {name}" too and "delete n" to wipe out some previous ones. Rather trivial but we need to be able to say that we 'added a new feature' occasionally. I couldn't yet think of more than 'cycle' and 'repeat' but who knows what users want ... (like some autofit loop).