On 4/17/2021 7:04 AM, jbf wrote:

necessarily understand the Lua code, but I did take the trouble to look

As with many such features, indeed we use lua but most of the concepts originate in by now decades old mkii. These replacement tricks that can drive sorting actually come from there. But the fact that we have unicode makes it a bit easier and less hacky.

Anyway, when you have things working, we can decide to add some extra vectors and theh i'll see if we can be a bit more clever.

Btw, a side effect of these tricks is that

Gen 4, Ex 5, Mt 4
Gen 4, Gen 5, Ex 4

also sorts cf the biblical book order,