peter kvillegard schrieb am 17.04.2021 um 18:50:
Hi, I'm trying to get verbose numbers (i.e. "five" instead of 5) to
work when \mainlanguage[sv] is set. I'm new to ConTeXt so I'm still
struggling to grasp how everything fits together, but I found the
spanish verbose numbers in core-con.lua, and added functions for
swedish to match that which seemed relevant. I'm attaching my
core-con.lua if that helps. (My additions start at line 1418)

My question is, are there more places in other files that also need to
be modified for this to work? If so, I would be grateful if you could
point me in the right direction. There must be some step that I'm
missing.
Thank you.

MWE where I expect the word "ett" instead of "1":
\mainlanguage[sv]
\starttext
\convertnumber{words}{1}
\stoptext

ConTeXt doesn't use the source files itself when you produce a document but uses a format file which contains the content of the source files (which is a lot faster).

When you make a change in one of the source files you have to create a new
format with includes these changes, to create such a format files type

    context --make

on the command line.

Wolfgang