On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:08 PM Sylvain Hubert <champign...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Devs,
>
> Sorry if this is not the best place for reporting bugs.
>
> I'm trying to use the lpeglabel library written in C and delivered as
> lpeglabel.so.
>
> $ ls
> testlabel.lua lpeglabel.so
> $ cat testlabel.lua
> require("lpeglabel")
>
> The ConTeXt binary cannot load the library because it lacks certain Lua
> API:
>
> $ context --forcecld --permitloadlib testlabel.lua
> fatal lua error:
> registered function call [1542]:
> ...tx/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/l-package.lua:348: error
> ./lpeglabel.so: undefined symbol: lua_gettop

hm, lua_gettop  is a global symbol in latest luatex, it's not undefined...

> nor does LuaTeX:
> $ luatex -luaonly testlabel.lua
> error loading module 'lpeglabel' from file './lpeglabel.so':
> ./lpeglabel.so: undefined symbol: lua_getiuservalue

lua_getiuservalue is in lua 5.4 API, luatex is lua 5.3.6 API
but in any case you should compile against the luatex headers, not the
stock lua 5.3.6.
I don't know lpeglabel, but luatex has the lpeg embedded and perhaps it can
clash with the library.

--
luigi