On Mon, 26 Apr 2021, denis.ma...@ub.unibe.ch wrote:

> Wikified, as per Aditya's suggestion.

I expanded on the description to make it clearer (hopefully). However, as I was
testing, I realized that the remark about math font sizes ("These quick font
switches [...] do not change the bodyfont, so they don't affect [...] math font
size") is no longer true. In LTMX, \tfa correctly scales the math font size as
well.

\starttext
\tfc x$x$x
\stoptext

I am not sure when this behavior changed, but looking at some of my old
documents I see that I have been using "\tfc $+$" in some of my tikz code for
about 4 years. So, it appears to be a old feature. I am thinking of changing
the wiki from:

These quick font switches are meant for changing the font style, alternative,
or size of a few words: they do not change the bodyfont, so they don't affect
interline spacing or math font sizes

These quick font switches are meant for changing the font style, alternative,
or size of a few words: they do not change the bodyfont, so they don't affect
interline spacing.

(so not mention math at all). Let me know if I am misunderstanding something
here.

Aditya