On 5/16/2021 5:30 PM, Nicola wrote:

It works just fine. Add this line at the top of your document:

  % !TEX useOldSyncParser

I also have:

\setupsynctex[state=start,method=min]

I am not sure whether method=min is necessary.

normally not ...

Richard Koch, however, has been incredible, IMO, in supporting the macOS
community (already before Mac OS X 10.0!) with TeXShop. In particular,
he went to great lengths to make syncing work in TeXShop for both
ConTeXt and LaTeX. The current problem is only with external editors,
and it is because the directive above is not read by TeXShop when using
an external editor.

Indeed, and he also had to adapt to changing apple policies and so.

Anyway, I am positive that he is willing to support ConTeXt in the best
possible way...

Sure. I met him a few times. Definitely an asset for the tex community.

see? the info is just there, so you can try to convince the texshop
creator to support this:

    -- call an external program with these arrguments (the texhop editor
knows the positions as it has the viewer built in)
    -- go to reported file and line

...which could be as well this.
Feel free to ask him,