On 5/28/2021 7:13 AM, jbf wrote:
Hi list,

Not at all sure why this is happening. In my most recent install of lmtx (which works fine as lmtx) on Linux, I wanted to choose the --luatex option just to make a comparison between the mkiv output and lmtx.

The redirection part seems to work (... --script mtx-context --luatex myfile.tex --redirected), but no 'resolvers' follow. Instead I get mtxrun  | unknown script 'mtx-context.lua' or 'mtx-mtx-context.lua'.

I have tried both luatextools --generate and mtxrun --generate, but neither of these fix the problem. Would someone know why this is not working? Or even better, how to fix it? I installed lmtx on another machine and have no problems using the --luatex option there, so the matter is not urgent for me, just puzzling! I do have a separate mkiv installation as well, but my understanding is that they would not conflict. LMTX contains everything that is needed.
In lmtx "mtxrun" and "context" are just links to "luametatex" and when called with a different name than "luametatex" they will try to locate scripts with their name in the same path (so there need to be mtxrun.lua and context.lua in that nin path). The mtxrun.lua file contains most lua libs so it can provide the same helpers as in context, when used as stand alone runner (so, instead if native lua one can just use mtxrun) while the context.lua script will locate mtx-context.lua and run that one. For that it needs the file database.

Forget about luatools .. gone for ages. An mtxrun --generate or even context --generate should work ok. if not there's somethign with permissions or paths or a missing file.