On 5/31/2021 10:50 AM, Werner Hennrich wrote:
I still rely in all my installations on this bit at the bottom to be in cont-new.mkxl.
Is there a way to make this patch update-safe?

There are comments in ./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/cont-new.mkxl:

    %D This file is loaded at runtime, thereby providing an excellent
    place for hacks,
    %D patches, extensions and new features. There can be local
    overloads in cont-loc
    %D (which has always been the case) and experimental code in
    cont-exp (which is also
    %D so old that I need to remind myself to check it occasionally, so
    here is the
    %D reminder).

I tried the mentioned local overload methods but didn't get them to work.
Did I mess up somehow or is the comment above outdated?
Are there any better ways - update-safe though?

Thanks a lot, Werner