Hans,

To close this thread, both poppler and exiftool worked properly after I
upgraded to the latest version (details below). I will add a section in the
wiki about these tools, as they are mighty useful when working with PDFs.

mtx-context     | ConTeXt Process Management 1.04 mtx-context     |
mtx-context     | main context file:
/home/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/context.mkiv mtx-context
 | current version: 2021.08.10 12:42 mtx-context     | main context file:
/home/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkxl/context.mkxl mtx-context
 | current version: 2021.08.10 12:42

Thanks again!

best regards,
Ramkumar