noib3 via ntg-context schrieb am 17.08.2021 um 16:43:
I'm trying to create a new lecture environment starting from the base section.

This is the code I have so far:

[...]

Unfortunately none of them are reported correctly. The title in the body is formatted simply as `Lecture`, the one in the left footer is formatted as `Lecture<number><title>`, and the one in the table of contents isn't affected at all.

Why do you need Lua to format the list entries and section titles?

\definehead
  [lecture]
  [section]

\define[1]\LectureTextCommand
  {\doiftext{#1}{: #1}}

\setuphead
  [lecture]
  [bodypartlabel=lecture,
   distance=0pt,
   textcommand=\LectureTextCommand,
   style=\bfc]

\setuplabeltext
  [en]
  [lecture={Lecture }]

\setupcombinedlist
  [content]
  [list={lecture}]

\define[3]\LectureListCommand
  {\labeltext{lecture}#1\doiftext{#2}{: #2}\filler[dotfill]#3\par}

\setuplist
  [lecture]
  [alternative=command,
   command=\LectureListCommand]

\startsetups [footer:left]
    \labeltext{lecture} \getmarking[lecturenumber]
    \doiftext{\getmarking[lecture]}{: \getmarking[lecture]}
\stopsetups

\setupfootertexts
  [\directsetup{footer:left}] []

\starttext