> On 1 Aug 2021, at 15:16, Bruce Horrocks via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
> wrote:
>

>> On 31 Jul 2021, at 22:02, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
>> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 31.07.2021 um 21:19 schrieb Bruce Horrocks <bruce.horro...@icloud.com>:

>>> That's all well and good but it obscures the sender in your mail client. If
>>> you look at the screen shot you can see that the older emails all display
>>> the sender's name in the list. Under the new system (just the topmost
>>> entry, shown selected) every email comes from "ntg-context@ntg.nl" which is
>>> completely useless when you want to visually scan down the list for a
>>> particular person.
>>
>> It doesn’t make sense to argue about this, but it’s apparently a setting (or
>> unchangeable behavior) of your Email app.
>>
>> My Apple Mail 12.4 on Mojave shows the same message like attached (dark
>> mode).
>
> I'm on Big Sur and I don't get the "name via ntg-context" display for a
> single message that your screen clip shows, so it looks like there has been a
> change in behaviour of Apple's mail client as well.

Late reply, but for the benefit of anyone looking through the archive, I traced
the cause of my problem to an entry in Contacts that had ntg-context@ntg.nl as
the email address and no other details. Apple Mail decides to use this instead
of the From: header when displaying the mailing list emails.

—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK