I'm trying to use smallcaps with a font called SquarishSansCT.

According to mtxrun it has smcp as a feature...

$ mtxrun --script font --list --info --pattern=squar
[...]
mtx-fonts       | gsub features:
mtx-fonts       |
mtx-fonts       |   feature  script   languages
mtx-fonts       |
mtx-fonts       |   c2sc     grek     dflt
mtx-fonts       |            latn     dflt
mtx-fonts       |   smcp     grek     dflt
mtx-fonts       |            latn     dflt
mtx-fonts       |

...but I can't seem to get that feature to work in this MWE which works for
TexGyreSchola.

\definefontfeature [smallcaps] [always] [smcp=yes]
\definefontsynonym [Squar] [name:SquarishSansCT-Regular] [features=smallcaps]
\definefontsynonym [Schola] [name:texgyreschola-regular] [features=smallcaps]

\definefont [chapterTitle] [Squar at 18pt]
\definefont [anotherTitle] [Schola at 18pt]

\starttext
{\chapterTitle A Chapter Title}
\par
{\anotherTitle A Chapter Title}
\stoptext

Have I missed something or is it the font?
—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK