cohsb  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

     > Hi all, first, thanks for the quick and "direct"
     > help. Unforunately, the suggestion does not solve the
     > problem. The only change is that the usage of the berry
     > typescript is mentioned at one line in the log output.

     > It seems that TeX is not able to substitute the "Times-Roman"
     > with the technical name... It tried a bit and am sure now that
     > pdftex takes the correct config and mapping file.

Check to see if you have the typescript files present on your system.  I
ran into similar problems recently after upgrading my ConTeXt
installation, and it seemed to be due to lack of the required typescript
files.  I solved it by running texfont on all my postscript
fonts to create the typescripts.  I might have been able to fix it
more simply, but got tired of fiddling.

Check the manuals mtexfont.pdf and mfont.pdf for more detailed
information.  Also Bill McClain has a good explanation on his website
which helped me a lot; unfortunately I can't find the URL right now.
--
Larry Stamm
http://www.larrystamm.com