Is this supposed to work??

I'm using ver: 2003.1.31 and try to do the following, right out of the
handbook:

\setupheads[alternative=inmargin]
\subject{Some Text}

and expected the subject to start in the margin. It does not, and I
found out that this seems to work only for numbered heads like section
et al. How do I put a subject in the margin, possibly while using a
command to make it white on black (I can do that, only it's not in the
margin....)

Thanks for any help

Mathias

--