I am looking to build an analysis tool based on nDPI and would like to share
the load across multiple CPU cores. I notice that there is some indication of
thread safeness in nDPI 1.5 but I am wondering whether anyone has built, or has
ideas on building a multi threaded nDPI application.

I suppose my main question is how to ensure each packet from libpcap reaches
the correct nDPI thread for processing and analysis -  I guess I need to have
some kind of 5 tuple hashing mechanism to classify each packet into a flow and
push to an appropriate queue that each nDPI thread can pick from? Is this
something that PF_RING can do, or perhaps some other simple technique?

Any help, guidance of examples would be very much appreciated if anyone has
gone down this path and is willing to share some ideas.

Dave Britt.