Hi,

I'm using pf_ring 6.6.0 (no ZC) on CentOS 7, on 10G interfaces (ixgbe
drivers).
As far as I understand the relation between poll-watermark and
poll-duration, packets will be queued untill one of comes first: or passing
the poll-watermark packets threshold, or a poll-duration milliseconds has
passed.
I set poll-watermark to the maximum (4096)
(using pfring_set_poll_watermark()) and set poll-duration to the minimum
(1) (using pfring_set_poll_duration()).
I've sent 400 packets to the socket. I see that they are received by the
NIC, but they didn't pass to userland. Only when passing 500 packets, a
chunk of them passed to userland.
I don't quite understand the behavior: since poll-duration is 1
(millisecond I assume), I've expected all the packets to pass to userland
immediately, even though poll-watermark is much higher.

Can anyone shed some light on the above?

Thanks,
Amir