Hi, please see below,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM, <join...@alitdom.org> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply. Haven't revisited this until now.
>
> Do you have steps or info on configuring nprobe/ntop in such a manner?

It is not a matter of configuring nprobe/ntopng. Their configuration is
fine. The main point is to set up a mysql server -- clustered perhaps --
able to ingest data at a speed that can keep up with ntopng.

> Also, we are an educational organization and received a single license for
> free. Can this same license be used for multiple instances or would we have
> to obtain licensing individually for this tiered setup? Does it matter if I
> use multiple vm's and the single license etc?

licenses are bound to the hardware. Therefore every VM will require its own
license. If you are a no-profit / university you can file a request for
additional licenses. Your case will be evaluated and new licenses will be
granted, possibly.

> I am also considering breaking-out the netflow if possible by
> site/vlan-group with multiple collectors and a central ntopng instance. Is
> that something that would allow me to only need a single license?

ntopng does not directly speak netflow. So you need at least one nprobe to
collect netflow data and send that data to ntopng.