Dear Jon,

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 04:00, Jon Kirk <j.k...@ecc.qld.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have nprobe running on a centos server which is our internet gateway.  It
> is currently sending netflow v5 (the default) using ZMQ to ntopng which is
> running on a windows 7 workstation.

ZMQ carries standardised JSON-based messages, so there's no need to either
specify v5, v9 or ipfix. Flow version specification is only necessary when
nProbe is used as a proxy to export flows to downstream Netflow collectors.

In your case, just use --zmq with the proper endpoint and specify all the
fields of interest in the template.

Regards,
Simone