Jonh,
in short the current RRD architecture does NOT allow this, but we have
introduced batching and Influx/Prometheus that can do that. However we need to
make some changes in the code to enable this.

Would you please open a ticket on github and explain the exact requirements you
have, as well include some detailed examples?

Thanks Luca