Hi Josefh,
I use a Rock64 with an external USB3 ethernet exploiting the Linux kernel
bridge to implement the bump-in-the-wire. The device is fast enough for a
couple of hundred Mbits (I have not written traffic to an external hard-drive
so i can’t comment on speed even thought it seems to be not slow at all

Regards luca