From:   J- P <jnat...@hotmail.com>
To:     NT <ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com>
Date:   09/16/2016 06:18 AM
Subject:        [NTSysADM] raid 5? in 2016
Sent by:        <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com>

So I inherited this server , (sitting on site since February) low and
behold when I fire it up it turns out that whoever set it up used all 8
discs in a raid 5 (granted they are only 500gb enterprise ssd's ) but
still raid 5? and no hot spare?

I'm trying to figure what the purpose of this server is/was, but aside
from a losing some space wouldn't a  raid 6 and hot spare make MUCH more
sense?

I'd like to move some of their VMs to it, as it is a brand spanking new
r730 with 96gb of ram