All,

I've got a file server that has one of its drives presented to the OS
over iSCSI (it lives on a VNXe 3100, which we are about to
decommission) using the EMC Powerpath software.

I'm robocopying the contents over the a new drive that's presented as
a VMDK (on a different SAN - we're decommissioning the VNXe) and will
be switching drive letters so that the new volume drive drive letter
(and therefore the shares) of the old volume.

I'm thinking that during a maintenance period I can just kill the old
drive, uninstall the EMC software and be done with it, probably with a
reboot after the deinstallation of the EMC software and the switch of
the drive letters.

Has anyone done something similar with detaching an iSCSI volume
lately, and can share the experience?

Kurt