Or maybe you could say “Why use Linux when you can use Windows without the
overhead and security vulnerabilities that go with a GUI?”

*From:* listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:
listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] *On Behalf Of *Katherine M. Moss
*Sent:* Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:34 PM
*To:* ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
*Subject:* [NTSysADM] What is the argument for Windows Server
Core/NanoServer over Linux?

Hey all,

Just had to ask this one. I’m really curious because I’ve heard the
argument, well, if you’re going to run server Core, why not just use linux?
What can you say to make the conversation worthwhile and not just arguing
preferences? Or is that really what it’s all about these days? Iv’e been
wondering what the people who have been on both sides might say.