This is on-topic, so I'm going to keep it on list.

The answer is - it depends.

Do you have a complete understanding of how your current system is
used? Do you need complex hunt groups/work groups/IVR trees, and/or
use lots of voicemail? Do you use your current system for paging,
either through the phones or overhead speakers?

Do you have a reliable connection to the Internet - would your
business suffer if your connection went down for a few hours?

Are the features offered by your prospective vendors equal to or
better than your on-prem system?

Are your current desk phones completely IP already, or is there some
mix of analog and/or proprietary digital and/or SIP phones? Will the
cost for phones for going all SIP be a barrier?

Is your on-prem system end of life - as in unsupported and likely to fail?

Personally, I prefer on-prem, and am leery of off-prem stuff, having
no experience with it, but if I were directed to evaluate that option,
these are the questions I'd start with.

I'm sure others will come up with questions to ponder, but that's my short list.

Kurt