I'd recommend something else. We were just given a link to a utility MS put
out that lets you check for hotfixes on a machine. This also checks the SP
at the same time. You can use it across the network...you can output it to a
printer or a file if you want even.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/win2000platform/Utility/2.1/NT45/EN-U
S/nshc.exe That's the link to the utility. Download it...run the exe and
install the utility on your pc somewhere. Then run the utility from a dos
prompt.  This'll first scan your computer. It'll also download a .xml file
that has the newest info in it. You'll need both of these when you go to put
it in a login script.  Copy both files to your netlogon directory.

In the login script do:

hfnetchk -x "mssecure.xml" >\\servername\printername

This should output the machine name who ran the hfnetchk...and what OS/SP
they're on...and what hotfixes need to be applied.  There are different
things you can do with this utility as well....-v for verbose...-a b for
printing ALL hotfixes, installed and not.

I hope this helps.
Jason Morris
Network Administrator
MJMC, Inc.