Title: Installing RAS disabled keyboard/mice

Hello week-enders,

I installed RAS in order to enable a remote user to use her modem (read, I'm scrambling to survive the Rhythms shutdown) on a WinNT SP6a PC. After reboot, the keyboard and PS/2 mouse were inoperative. Connecting to the logs from a different PC, I found out that the following three devices/services wouldn't load at start-up (error message 7026) : kbdclass, lmoufltr, mouclass. I tried rebooting in VGA mode or with the last known good hardware config, neither helped, nor did it do any difference when I rebotted the machine with the mouse and keyboard unplugged.

The user "lost" the ERD (or in clearspeak, never bothered to do one despite my instructions). Anyone has a suggestion that'd let me revive this PC without reinstalling NT. I'm thinking reinstalling SP6 may solve the problem, but how do I do that when the keyboard and the mouse are inoperative ?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Peeters
Network Administrator
TexLoc Ltd