Welcome to Code Red.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Peeters [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 3:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: IIS stopping without reason

Hello,

My IIS4 server has been behaving strangely for the past four days. It is
not a mission-critical unit (yet) as it runs only the users' default
home page when they start IE though it was supposed to go live in a week
as the IIS for OWA. On to the problem...

All IIS services (NNTP, FTP, HTTP) are stopped. I click on one of them
at random and hit Start. Nothing happens. I click Start again after a
few seconds. The service in question will start and function normally,
however anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes later, it'll stop again. There is
no message in the log file other than a notice in the Security log that
the IIS account logged in and out at start/stop.

Besides IIS, that box is running Win NT 4 SP6a Server (no patch) and
Exchange 5.5 SP1 (no patch) and it acts as the BDC.

I've roamed through the Microsoft KB (not easy, what keywords do you use
to describe this when there's no message in the log) to no avail. Anyone
out there with a suggestion ?

Eric Peeters
Network Administrator
TexLoc Ltd