MS does not recommend multihoing the master browser per various technet
articles. I found an article that gave a workaround for NT4. Later I found an
article that stated the PDC and master browser cannot be multihomed. Go
figure. Anyway, I found a number of Q articles that might help you so here is
a list:
- q221210, q133241 (more NT4 centric) q181774, q191611 (include W2K in their
discussions)

Article q191611 states the following:
  Domain Master Browser Issues - PDC
  ----------------------------------

  NOTE: The domain master browser in Windows 2000 is the PDC FSMO owner. The
  PDC
  cannot be multihomed for there to be a single domain-wide list of servers
  because the browser maintains a separate list of servers for each network
  adapter and protocol combination. If the PDC is multihomed, there are two
  partial cumulative lists built for the domain, and no single computer in the
  network can access the full list of servers in the domain. Each master
  browser
  can retrieve the list of servers from only one of the PDC's network
  adapters.
  The list of servers that the PDC builds on each network adapter is not
  deterministic because it depends on which network adapter the PDC uses to
  contact the master browser.

  Master Browser Issues
  ---------------------

  After the master browser obtains a list of servers in the domain and the
  list of
  additional domain names from the PDC, it sends a MasterAnnouncement frame to
  the
  PDC. This signals the PDC to retrieve a list of servers and workgroup
  announcements from the master browser.

  Because all NetBIOS sessions between any two servers over TCP/IP can only
  reside
  on a single IP connection, there is no way for the PDC to maintain more than
  one
  IP address for the master browser's computer name. This means that any
  server
  that is a master browser cannot be multihomed because the PDC will contact
  only
  the master browser on one of its network adapters.

  If a multihomed server is a master browser on both network adapters, the PDC
  collects only the hosts discovered by the network adapter that it is
  connected
  to, and all other servers and domain names discovered on the other network
  adapter are lost to the rest of the domain. If a multihomed server is a
  master
  browser on one network adapter and a backup browser or a non-browser by
  election
  or the UnboundBindings setting on the other network adapter, there is no way
  guarantee that the PDC will connect to the master browser's network adapter.
  If
  the master browser has two network adapters, the odds of connecting to the
  correct interface are fifty percent. If the wrong network adapter is
  selected,
  all servers and domain names collected by this master browser are
  unavailable to
  the rest of the domain.

  Therefore, for the PDC to centrally collect all server and domain names, all
  master browsers must not be multihomed.

  Backup And Potential Browser Issues
  -----------------------------------

  Because browser roles are determined by election, no server that can be a
  master
  browser can be multihomed. When a client requests a browse list, it issues a
  GetBackupListRequest, and the response contains a list of computer names.
  The
  client then establishes a session to one of the computer names in the
  response
  frame. If the network adapter chosen is not running the browser service, the
  client does not receive a browse list. Therefore, no backup browsers can be
  multihomed. If the network adapter selected is a browser, the list received
  may
  contain servers collected by a master browser on another segment, thereby
  removing the deterministic nature of the browser infrastructure.

Now the article then goes on to give some workarounds. I guess I would go with
q191611 and what it states. From my personnal experience I never allowed
multihomed servers to become master browsers or even potential browsers, I
would either edit the registry to disallow that and/or stop the computer
browser service on them.

Thanks

                    "Bob Chyka"

                    <bchyka@medai        To:     "NT System Admin Issues"

                    lle.edu>             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:

                    08/20/2001           Subject:     Re: Browser/WINS issues

                    02:48 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "NT System

                    Admin Issues"

it started out as a very basic setup with one nic, then we got all new
infrastructure equipment and it was a quick fix to get dhcp up and running in
our newly defined vlans.  where can i unbind the cards from the workstation
service?

thanks!