From: Ibby El-Raheb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 11:00 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Active Directory Problem

I have a small network: W2K Server SP2 with 2 NICs one for internal and
one
for cable modem that is shared. A bunch of WIN98 clients. Things have
been
running smooth for a while and all of a sudden none of the clients can
be
authenticated through the server. When I try to go into manage user
accounts
I get the following message: "Naming information cannot be located
because:
The specified domain either does not exist or cannot be contacted.
Contact
your system administrator to verify that your domain is properly
configured
and is currently online." Well ladies and gentlemen I am the so called
system administrator and I have no clue what to do. Please help me.

Thanks
Ibby
wannabe sys admin.

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell
whether a
man is wise by his questions.   Naguib Mahfouz