From: Brandon Bristow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 2:53 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: End of My Rope with WINS

Well, you said you had no problem with netbios name resolution. So I would
have to say that your problem isn't with your WINS implementation but
perhaps with your Browsers. To browse the network neighborhood the machine
has to be able to determine and query a machine that contains the browse
list, be that the Domain Master Browser or the backup browser for the
segment. This article might be of some assistance. You should be able to
look through the Wins Database to determine which computers are currently
acting as your browsers.

http://support.microsoft.com

Hope that helps.