I assume you want to give your customers the ability to password protect
directories without your intervention. If so, then look at iisPROTECT
(www.iisprotect.com)

I've been testing it for some time and found it to be very stable and fast.
I am planning on implementing the product by the end of next month. I do
have the following gripes about it though:

1. Some information about each site that is "protected" is stored in the
registry. In an environment where you are load balanced, it is a pain to
have to export the reg keys to all your servers. I would prefer to have this
information in an XML doc to allow for easy replication.

2. Each website has its own database, which makes it impossible to have a
single sql database for all your customers. I asked the company to implement
a method of using stored procedures with parameters, so a single database
could be used. They said they added it to their list for a future
enhancement.

Hope this helps.

~Seth