In my copious spare time I need to set the same thing up.

Since you don't specify, I'm guessing that you're using a second network for
the load balance stuff. Make sure that there isn't a default gateway set for
the nics on that network. There should only be one default gateway on any
machine. I'll bet dollars to donuts this is the issue.

You might want to go as far as making the back network a /30 network (2
hosts). That might also help.

One last ditch effort (and I strongly suggest you don't put this setup in
production) is to create a static route for the ACE server on each server,
to the appropriate network interface. In general, host routes take
precedence over network routes, so it will always use that route.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE MCT
Senior Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems
Atlanta, GA