Title: Message
Same here.  If you use that coroporate.windowsupdate.microsoft.com you can drag to cd or spare drive on Computer, unplug from net and load OS.  I did this and now I am fine.
Read "Code Red Rant" message thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Niki Blowfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Codered?

Hi

I installed a Win2k Advanced server in a kind of test environment on a public
IP address last thing yesterday, and it appeared to pick up the codered worm
overnight.

i got an email from one admin, and an automated message from a website

i re-installed 2k serv and applied the IIS patches, I also applied the patches to
my 2 NT servers which have IIS4 running, albeit on a private subnet

i have since noticed LOTS of traffic coming in through our single ADSL connection

i can remove our Firewall from the ADSL router, so its connected only to the web,
but the traffic continues on the router indicator lights, so it doesnt seem to be
originating from our network

the 2000 server is the only device on our network providing any kind of services
to the internet, and that is currently offline

we have no way of connecting to the router to check logs, but if I bring the 2000
server online, and run netmon, i get constant entries like the following;

SRC MAC Address - FLOW00......
Dest MAC Address - LOCAL
Protocol - TCP
SRC Other Address - 213.66.79.235
Dest Other Address - WIN2KADVSERV
Type Other Add - IP

do we still have a problem? or are these other sites with the virus attempting to
send it to us?

Enterprise Channel Management Software for Manufacturers

Visit us at http://www.ultryx.com