From: Nic Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 6:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Terminal Server Printer Control Panel Hang

Dear All
Can anyone help?
Several of the Terminal Servers ( NT4.0 Sp6 Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Sp2) that I
am
responsible for show disturbing behaviour when I open the Printer Control
Panel.
Though the machines seem to be printing OK from both manually set up and
autocreated printers, when I open the Printer Control Panel it starts
displaying the hourglass and refuses to respond.
The process can only be stopped by forcing the task to end from the Task
Manager.
While this is happennig processor usage rises from about 20% to 90+%.
The effect is seen for both ordinary and admin logons.
It only seems to  happen on terminal servers with a large 40+ number of
users.

Has anyone else experienced this or know the cause (and cure)?
Also, though I can see that processor usage increases dramatically I cannot
locate the process that is doing it. What is the Printer Control Panel
process
called?

Thanks in advance
Nicholas Wright
Systems Analyst
Stoke on Trent City Council
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

DO NOT read, copy or disseminate this communication unless you are the
intended addressee. This e-mail communication contains confidential and/or
privileged information intended only for the addressee. If you have received
this communication in error, please call us immediately at (907) 561-1250
and ask to speak to the sender of the communication. Also, please e-mail the
sender and notify the sender immediately that you have received the
communication in error.