I've had this problem and was able to solve it by upgrading Internet Explorer. I read that the network connections (Especially mapped drives) are severed better on IE4.0SP1 and higher. If you have the time, upgrade your network card driver, dowload and apply MS updates. If this doesn't help, upgrade your network card driver, download and apply MS updates from autoupdate.microsoft.com.
-----Original Message-----
From: Sushant Kumar Lenka [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 7:53 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Shuting down Problem when accessing network

hi,

I am looking after Mitsubishi Electric Automotive India (p) ltd. I purchased a new IBM NetVista Pc . When I am accessing Network the PC is not shuting down properly.
if i will not access Network it will shut down properly. It hanging on the win98 Last screen whcih is Window is shuting down. can anyone help me.

thanks

Sushant