Title: RE: Domain Admin cannot use admin tools

Frustrated screenwriter?  Nice to know some things never change - when in doubt - reboot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Kelsay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 7:56 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Domain Admin cannot use admin tools

Ok gang. Thanks for all the help both on and off list. The answer had to be in the Netlogon service, according to Novell.

I tried to reboot the PDC, but was told I had no rights to do so. "AHA you scoundrel", says I. "I'll show you who's in charge here!".

Warily pressing the Big Red Button, the administrator jumps quickly backward, allowing the defiant machine to die gracefully.

"Rise and Heal thyself!" I yelled. Slowly, the beast began to stir, eventually coming to full life and, having been beaten into submission, was henceforth properly responsive to all demands made of it.

Steve Kelsay
Network Administration Group
South Carolina Department of Revenue
301 Gervais Street
Columbia, SC 29201

(803) 898-5522

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/28/01 09:57AM >>>
Thanks agin.

No, system error 5 (access denied) is returned.
I'm stumped!

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/28/01 09:41AM >>>
Can you add a dummy user from the command line using NET USER command?