Yeah, this was has been around for a little while.. I *think* it's sircam.

-----Original Message-----
From: EALES, Jack / RSAIFS - IOM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 12:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Is it a bird... is it a worm??

One of our users has received a number of identical messages from unrelated contacts that he (and I) is rather disturbed by... it looks like some sort of worm / buffer overflow - maybe? I'm no expert... but I sure there might be one or two of you out there ;-)
The attachment (which isn't attached) name changes from message to message, but the bulk of the text of the message is the same and is as follows:

 <snip>
------1E6A12EB_Outlook_Express_message_boundary
Hi! How are you=3F

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later=2E Thanks
------1E6A12EB_Outlook_Express_message_boundary
</snip>

There then follows a stream of several hundred / thousand (no time to count - trust me it's lots!!) lines with seemingly random characters .
I've hacked all this out as the list thinks I'm sending an attachment  and refuses to post it. Does this mean anything  / look familiar to anyone? If you want the full text let me know and I'll send it off-list

Jack
Jack Eales
Senior PC / Network Project Analyst
Tel: +44 1624 821236
Mob: +44 7624 450125
Fax: +44 1624 824405
Royal & SunAlliance International Financial Services