.. As in all mergers/acquisitions, the logistics of merging
   the companies becomes a nightmare. I know Compaq struggled
   with this after the Digital & Tandem acquisition. It was partly
   due to the high-tech world going soft but this group I'm in
   now has had 6 different managers since I've been here. The
   reporting structure has changed 3-4 times. It becomes difficult
   at the micro level to accomplish things.
..It it doesn't bring better products and services, we'll see another
  merger/acquisition probably.

Kent

<http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/09/04/010904hnfiorina.xml>