From: Alexander Lattaruli Stender [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 12:54 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Expand Partition

BlankI am not sure if this is going to be a cross posting but I will ask
because one day we all will need to upgrade anyway.

I have one NT4 SP6 server with 2 sets of mirrored hot swappable hard drives.
Each set has one 9.1Gb and one 17Gb. I will need to upgrade the 17Gb ones to
181Gb as I need to place a 70Gb SQL data base on them. Machine is live and
has to be like that for the maximum time possible. This big drive also
contains software installations and file permissions are set as well.

The idea is to break the mirror, take one drive out, place it on another
system in parallel with the new 181Gb and  restablish the mirror. This will
generate a 17Gb partition on the 181Gb HD, then I would use a partitioning
tool to grow it to 181Gb.

Someone told me to do a file copying and that is it. No partition growth
necessary... I doubt it is going to work.

Have you had any experience like this? Do you know any good partition
expander software. (Drive Copy goes only up to 80Gb)

Comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Alex