From: Jason Cadman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 6:25 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Permissions Problem

Dear All

Bare with me as this might take some explaining. I am running NT4 Server
SP6, Exchange 5.5 SP3, Win 2k pro SP2 and Office 97 SR2b.

After changing a WIN2K computer from a Workgroup to join a Domain I am
unable to open Outlook 97 for a standard user. I receive a message saying

"Program is not registered properly. Please run setup again. You do not
have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation."

I can only get Outlook to run if I give the user Domain Admin permissions.
I think it is something to do with the profiles on the Win2k PC but I'm
not sure. I have tried to give the user full permission to their own
profile but when I try to browse the Domain user list it will only allow
me to choose from the local user list. This is when I am logged on as the
Domain administrator.

Any help greatly apreciated

Jason